Used it on mini cupcakes, and it turned out great. The mocha flavor is exceptional. I added coconut flavoring and topped with pink coconut for a baby girl theme. The favors you can add to this are numerous, can't wait to try others. I think the cream cheese in the recipe really adds the the consistency and flavor. I split the recipe quanities starting at the butter, so I could blend my coffee because I wanted to use the remaining half for coconut. East batch used just over 2 cups of icing sugar and was the perfect amount for a total of mini cupcakes. Will definitely be making again soon.
Vanilla Buttercream (Basic Buttercream)
This recipe goes with Bite-Size Sour Cream-Pound Cake Cupcakes (Basic Cupcake Batter)
Yield: Makes about 3 cups
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. milk
- 1. Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- 2. Gradually add powdered sugar alternately with 3 Tbsp. milk, beating at low speed until blended and smooth after each addition.
- 3. If desired, beat in remaining 1 Tbsp. milk, 1 tsp. at a time, until desired consistency.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts