THIS RECIPE WAS YUMMY BUT WAY TO WATERY! HAD TO ADD EXTRA CUPS OF SUGAR TO GET IT THICKER..
Yield: Makes 3 cups
More From Southern Living
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 (16-oz.) package powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating at low speed until blended. Increase speed to medium, and slowly add milk and vanilla, beating until smooth.
- Chocolate Buttercream: Prepare Vanilla Buttercream as directed. Microwave 1 cup (6 oz.) dark chocolate morsels in a microwave-safe bowl at MEDIUM 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring at 30-second intervals. Gradually add melted chocolate to Vanilla Buttercream; beat until blended and smooth. Note: For testing purposes only, we used Nestlé Chocolatier Dark Chocolate Morsels.
- Coconut Buttercream: Prepare Vanilla Buttercream as directed, substituting 1/4 cup cream of coconut for 1/4 cup milk.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings