Vanilla Bean Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream with Berries
- 1 pint(s) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 1 package(s) 8oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 can(s) 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon(s) Creme Bouquet (optional)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 piece(s) quality dark chocolate
- 1 cup(s) fresh berries
- Place the bowl of your electric mixer into the freezer. A very cold bowl will help your cream whip in no time. Meanwhile, break up the graham crackers, zest your lemon, and measure out your lemon curd and set aside. Once bowl has chilled, whip the pint of cream on medium-high speed until fluffy and peaks form. (My Kitchenaid with the whisk attachment does this in no time, I love it). Add in the lemon zest and whip on low briefly, just to incorporate. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, with an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and creme bouquet. Slice the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape the beans into the bowl. Mix for 2 minutes on high. Gently add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and fold in with a spatula. Don’t mix aggressively, but so the cream cheese mix is mostly incorporated into the whipped cream.
- With a spatula, fold/swirl lemon curd into the mixture. Transfer to a 8×8 metal or glass pan and cover tightly. Freeze overnight. Let the ice cream sit for 5 minutes before scooping, it’s easier that way.
- Place one piece of chocolate on a plate. Place scoop of ice cream on top (hide chocolate for a nice surprise). Surround with a few berries and serve.
- *NOTE: This ice cream does not require an ice cream maker and if you put it into a maker, I have no idea what will happen.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vanilla Bean Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream with Berries Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts