- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 (2-inch) piece vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 16 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Orange rind strips (optional)
- calories 209
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 5.5 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- monofat 1.7 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 27.5 g
- carbohydrate 10.9 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- cholesterol 115 mg
- iron 1.8 mg
- sodium 371 mg
- calcium 29 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean; stir seeds into broth mixture, reserving the bean for another use. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 20 minutes). Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Arrange chicken in a single layer in the bottom of a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
Brush half of broth mixture over chicken; bake 5 minutes. Brush remaining broth mixture over chicken; bake 15 minutes or until a thermometer registers 180°. Garnish with orange rind, if desired.