I am a huge panna cotta fan (even some of the low fat versions) I thought this sounded interesting. It turned out to be a flavourless inedible gel like substance with no creaminess to it. There are tons of much better recipes out there.
Vanilla-Almond Panna Cotta with Mango Sauce
Make and refrigerate the sauce up to two days ahead and the panna cotta up to a day ahead. Look for almond milk in aseptic containers on the organic food aisle of your supermarket. If you can't find it, substitute whole milk.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 137
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 0.2mg
- Sodium: 60mg
- Calcium: 96mg
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 2/3 cups almond milk (such as Almond Breeze), divided
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 (6-inch) piece vanilla bean, split lengthwise and divided
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups mango nectar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/3 cup almond milk in a small bowl; let stand 4 minutes.
- Combine 1 1/3 cups of almond milk, half-and-half, sugar, and half of the vanilla bean in a medium saucepan; bring to a simmer over medium heat (do not boil). Remove from heat. Add gelatin mixture, stirring until the gelatin dissolves. Remove vanilla bean. Pour mixture evenly into 6 (6-ounce) custard cups coated with cooking spray. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Combine remaining half of the vanilla bean and nectar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until reduced to 1 cup (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in lime juice. Cover and chill.
- Loosen edges of custards with a knife or rubber spatula. Place a dessert plate, upside down, on top of each cup; invert onto plates. Spoon the sauce around custards. Garnish with fresh raspberries, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Vanilla-Almond Panna Cotta with Mango Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This