I really like the rub, but either I'm scoring the meat too much or 6 minutes per side is too long. I've made this twice, and both times the meat has been over-cooked. This is probably an error of mine, and not of the recipe's.
The marinade features a robust dose of garlic. Score the meat lightly, about 1/8 inch deep.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 1 Hour, 27 Minutes
- Calories: 166
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 24.7g
- Carbohydrate: 1.4g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 383mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Spanish smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients. Score a diamond pattern on both sides of steak; rub juice mixture evenly over both sides. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat grill to high heat.
- 3. Sprinkle both sides of steak evenly with salt and pepper. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak across grain into slices.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note