Valerie's Deep Dish Apple Pie
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 cup(s) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) flour
- 8-10 Granny Smith Apples
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1 package(s) Pie Crust
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- Peel, core and slice apples. Combine apples, sugar, light brown sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir well. Let stand for 10-15 minutes til sugar has melted.
- Prepare bottom crust in deep dish pie dish. Put apples in and top with 2 T. of butter cubed, spread over top of apples. Cover with top crust. Slice top of crust to release the steam.
- Beat egg and brush on top of crust then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake at 375* for 50 minutes.
- Cool for 4 hours.
- Note: You can add more cinnamon. It seems to make the pie taste even better.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Silverchex and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note