Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/2 cup(s) packet fresh mint or 1/2 tsp. mint essence
- 2-3 drop(s) green colouring
- Strawberry Mousse
- 1 cup(s) Heavy cream whipped
- 1 cup(s) Fresh Strawberries chopped in food processor or small dice
- 3 teaspoon(s) granulated sugar
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine
- Preparation for Syrup
- Use a heavy bottomed pan to melt the sugar, water and infuse with the mint. Cook the syrup until all the sugar crystals are dissolved, add the green colouring and leave to cool. Remove the mint just before you use the syrup.
- Preparation for Strawberry Mousse
- Whip the cream until it forms stiff peaks, chop the strawberries either in a food processor or by hand (depending on how adventurous you are feeling). Mix in the sugar and fold into the cream. Soak the gelatine in cold water and then drain to leave the jelly, put on the stove on a very low heat and melt. Once the gelatine is lump free and a good liquid form fold that into your strawberry cream. The best way to mold is to set in the bottom of a lined tray about 1 inch deep, leave to set the 4-5 hours and use a heart shaped mold to cut out. Place the mousse onto your plate and enjoy yourself.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RYCHEFREAKLIVE and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Valentine Delight Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts