Val's Homemade Lasagna
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) ground beef
- olive oil
- 1 whole(s) green bell pepper, large diced
- 1 whole(s) onion, large chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 2 can(s) 14.5 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 2 can(s) 6 oz. cans tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1./2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- ground black pepper to taste
- 16 lasagna noodles cooked
- 8 ounce(s) parmesan cheese shredded
- 16 ounce(s) mozzarella cheese shredded
- 16 ounce(s) ricotta cheese
- hot water
- 1. Saute onion, pepper, & garlic in some olive oil until soft or almost soft if you want more of a little crunch to them. Add meat and brown. You may have to drain off some of the fat/oil. You don't want it too dry but not greasy either.
- 2. Add all other ingredients and cook slow until thick. You can cover or not cover.
- Hot Water (to thin sauce and let cook down- whatever amount works - I start with a cup and then increase as needed. The idea is to allow sauce to cook down at least 2 or more hours into a thick sauce)
- 3. Layer Lasagna in a large rectangular pan sprayed with Pam. Start with sauce on bottom, then 4 noodles, a little of all 3 cheeses. Repeat ending with a generous layer of sauce.
- This should yield a lot of sauce which most people prefer. You may want less noodles but this does make a lot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sarahwilson19 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note