V.V. Mamma's Meatloaf with Wild Mushroom Gravy
"Sweet, Indeed" by Michael Hastings. Recipe adapted from "Well Shut My Mouth! The Sweet Potatoes Restaurant Cookbook" by Stephanie Tyson. Recipe originally from Vivian Joiner's mother. At the restaurant, Tyson uses all breadcrumbs and no cornflakes, but Joiner's mother always used a mixture of cornflakes and leftover bread or crackers. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: August 3, 2011.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/4 cup(s) Worchestershire sauce
- 2 cup(s) crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs
- 2 1/2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 3/4 cup(s) diced green pepper
- 1 3/4 cup(s) diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) oregano
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon(s) granulated garlic
- Wild Mushroom Gravy
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the beaten eggs, ketchup, Worcestershire, cornflakes and breadcrumbs. Allow to sit 3 or 4 minutes to sufficiently moisten the cornflakes and breadcrumbs. Add the remaining ingredients (except gravy) and thoroughly combine. Turn the mixture onto a baking sheet and form two loaves, spaced well apart. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 160 degrees. Serve with wild mushroom gravy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note