Utica Tomato Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 28 ounce(s) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound(s) pizza dough
- 3 tablespoon(s) grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Stretch the pizza dough to cover a greased cookie sheet. Dough should be fairly thick (about 3/4 inches). Allow the dough to rise a bit while the sauce is cooking. Heat a saucepan on medium, add the olive oil and garlic, and saute until the garlic is just golden. Add crushed tomatoes and oregano. Cook until the sauce is thickened, about 15-20 minutes. Cool the sauce to room temperature. Top the pizza dough with the sauce and then bake in 450 oven for about 15-20 minutes. After removing the pie from the oven, sprinkle with the cheese. Let the pie cool to room temperature before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Utica Tomato Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables