Other than needing a little salt, this recipe is delicious as is. My husband, usually a "turnips man" thought these collards were really good! Great recipe for the New Year.
More From Southern Living
1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 7 pounds fresh collard greens*
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1. Remove and discard stems from greens. Wash leaves thoroughly, and cut into 1-inch-wide strips.
- 2. Pulse onion in a food processor 3 to 4 times or until minced.
- 3. Bring onion, next 3 ingredients, and 1 cup water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add greens and bell pepper; cook, covered, over medium heat 45 minutes to 1 hour or until greens are tender.
- *2 (1-lb.) packages fresh collard greens may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables