More From Southern Living
- 7 pounds fresh collards
- 1 medium-size onion, quartered
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Remove and discard stems from greens. Wash leaves thoroughly, and cut into 1-inch-wide strips; set aside.
- Pulse onion in a food processor 3 or 4 times or until minced.
- Bring onion and next 4 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add greens and bell pepper; cook, covered, over medium heat 45 minutes to 1 hour or until greens are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables