Uptown Barbecue Sandwich
Prep: 15 min., Grill: 15 min., Stand: 5 min. If you're short on time, feel free to pick up shredded barbecue pork from your favorite 'cue joint.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 1/4 pounds pork tenderloin
- 3/4 cup spicy barbecue sauce, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 1/2 cups firmly packed packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw mix
- 2 kosher dill pickle spears, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 (2-oz.) onion rolls, split
- 1. Trim fat from pork; cut pork in half lengthwise. Brush evenly with 1/4 cup barbecue sauce.
- 2. Coat cold cooking grate with cooking spray, and place on grill over medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Place pork on cooking grate, and grill, covered with grill lid, 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155°, turning pork occasionally. Let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Stir together coleslaw and next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- 4. Slice pork into thin strips, and toss with 2 Tbsp. barbecue sauce. Brush cut sides of bread evenly with remaining 6 Tbsp. barbecue sauce. Divide pork evenly onto bottom halves of rolls; top each with about 1/2 cup coleslaw mixture and cover with roll tops. Serve with additional pickle spears, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches