this turned out AMAZING!!! I had people fawning over it at the party, it was delicious. I made a few substitutions based on reviews: my convection oven cooks pretty hot, so I only cooked the crust at 325 for 5 min, and the cake at 350 as specified. My meringue only took 4 minutes and was almost a little overcooked. I did add the cream of tartar to the meringue and had no problem. This was super creamy, and really just perfect! Oh, and I didn't have over-ripe bananas, only "just ripe" ones, so I added an extra banana and mashed them and there was no loss of flavor. Definitely will repeat... often :)
Uptown Banana Pudding Cheesecake
Grandma will never believe it. This upscale version of traditional banana pudding is just as delicious as the traditional banana pudding recipe, but steals the show at any party.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
Chill: 8 Hours
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large ripe bananas, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Press evenly into bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine diced bananas and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a small saucepan. Stir in 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Place over medium-high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, about 1 minute or just until sugar has melted. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup granulated sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in coffee liqueur and vanilla. Pour into prepared vanilla wafer crust. Spoon tablespoonfuls of banana mixture evenly over top, and swirl gently into cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Drop spoonfuls of Meringue gently and evenly over hot filling.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until Meringue is golden brown. Remove from oven, and gently run a knife around edge of cheesecake in springform pan to loosen. Cool cheesecake completely on a wire rack. Cover loosely, and chill 8 hours. Release and remove sides of pan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note