Upside-Down Pear Cake
If you don't have a springform pan, you'll need a 10-inch cake pan for this one. (Bake time will be 40 minutes in the 10-inch pan.)
More From Southern Living
Bake: 50 Minutes
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 3/4 cup butter, softened and divided
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sliced fresh pears
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 5 pecan halves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan or a 10-inch cake pan with 3 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar. Arrange pear slices in a pinwheel pattern on top of brown sugar. Place maraschino cherries and pecan halves in center of pinwheel.
- Beat remaining 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy; gradually add granulated sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add sour cream, beating until smooth. Add flour and next 3 ingredients, beating until batter is smooth. Spoon batter evenly over arranged pear slices.
- Bake at 350° for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove side of pan; invert onto a serving plate, and remove bottom of pan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note