- 1 (8 1/4-ounce) can sliced pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 pound ground, cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground lean pork
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
How to Make It
Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup syrup. Pour butter in bottom of an 8 1/2- x 4 1/2- x 3-inch loaf pan; arrange pineapple slices over butter, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
Combine remaining ingredients in a medium mixing bowl; mix well. Press mixture over pineapple layer. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 1/2 hours. Drain off excess fat. Invert onto a serving platter. Slice and serve hot.