Upside Down Blackberry or Blueberry Apple Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) butter softened & divided
- 1/2 cup(s) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 2 large gala apples peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup(s) fresh or frozen berries
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) ap flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350'
- 2. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a lightly greased 9 inch round cake pan (with sides that are at least 2 inches high) over low heat. Remove from heat and sprinkle with brown sugar; drizzle honey over brown sugar. Arrange apple slices in concentric circles over brown sugar mixture, overlapping as needed; sprinkle with blackberries.
- 3. Beat granulated sugar and remaining 1/2 cup butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- 4. Stir together flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Spoon batter over blackberries in pan.
- 5. Bake at 350'for 45-50 mins or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 mins. Carefully run a knife around edge of cake to loosen. Invert cake onto a serving plate, spooning any topping in pan over cake.
- 6. *1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries may be substituted.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KRFORD and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Upside Down Blackberry or Blueberry Apple Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts