Upside-Down Apple-Spice Cake
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Oxmoor House
Cool: 5 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 187
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 2.9g
- Carbohydrate: 35.7g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 240mg
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Calcium: 38mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 small Golden Delicious apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 2/3 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk (1%)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Place 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter in pan. Quickly tilt pan in all directions so butter covers pan with a thin film. Sprinkle butter with 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Arrange apple slices spoke-like over brown sugar. Set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Beat softened butter, apple butter, and 2/3 cup brown sugar in a large bowl with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add egg, vanilla, and buttermilk; beat well. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Spread batter over apples.
- Bake at 350° for 23 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan using a narrow metal spatula. Place a plate upside down on top of cake pan; invert cake onto plate. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings