Southern Living NOVEMBER 2009
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 5 minutes. Let cool 30 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 375°.
2. Stir together melted butter and brown sugar. Stir in pecans, and spread mixture on bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Unroll 1 pie crust, and fit into pie plate over top of pecan mixture.
3. Combine granulated sugar and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Add apples and raisins, and toss to coat.
4. Spoon apple mixture into prepared crust. Dot butter pieces over apple mixture.
5. Unroll remaining piecrust; place over filling. Fold edges under, and crimp; cut slits in top for steam to escape. Place pie on a baking sheet.
6. Bake at 375° for 50 to 55 minutes, shielding edges with foil during last 30 minutes, if necessary. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes. Invert pie onto a plate, and let cool 1 hour.
Sprinkling 1 to 2 tsp. lemon juice over cut apples will help prevent browning.
Go to Full Version of