A very nice touch to a formal dinner.
Updated Waldorf Salad
For perfect apple cubes: Stand the apple on your cutting board and cut down into four slabs; discard the core. Lay slabs, cut sides down, and cut into 1/2-inch slices, then crosswise into 1/2-inch cubes.
More From Health
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 72mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 small (Gala or Fuji) apples, cubed
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery (about 1 stalk)
- 8 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1. Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add apples, grapes, and cranberries; mix well.
- 2. Add the walnuts and celery, and mix well. Serve it on a bed of 2 lettuce leaves. The salad can be refrigerated up to 2 hours before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note