Updated Scalloped potatoes
Sweet and Russet potatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Sweet potatoes (about 2 large)
- 1 pound(s) Russet potatoees (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup(s) Jarlsberg Cheese, divided grated
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Freshly ground black peppet
- 1 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 inch ovenproof casserole dish.
- Peel potatoes. cut into 1/8" slices (I use a mandolin to slice)
- Place single layer of potato slices in prepared dish, alternating between the sweet and the russet, overlapping slightly.
- Top potato slices with 1/2 cheese, 1/2 thyme and 1/2 salt. Repeat layering with remaining potatoes.
- Top second layer with remaining cheese, thyme and salt.
- Sprinkle pepper evenly over potatoes, pour cream over top to completely cover.
- Bake until golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 1 hour or more (use a fork to test for doneness) Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
- You can cut a small onion into thin slices and alternate between potatoes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lkscot and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note