Updated Scalloped potatoes
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) Sweet potatoes (about 2 large)
- 1 pound(s) Russet potatoees (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup(s) Jarlsberg Cheese, divided grated
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried thyme, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Freshly ground black peppet
- 1 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12 inch ovenproof casserole dish.
- Peel potatoes. cut into 1/8" slices (I use a mandolin to slice)
- Place single layer of potato slices in prepared dish, alternating between the sweet and the russet, overlapping slightly.
- Top potato slices with 1/2 cheese, 1/2 thyme and 1/2 salt. Repeat layering with remaining potatoes.
- Top second layer with remaining cheese, thyme and salt.
- Sprinkle pepper evenly over potatoes, pour cream over top to completely cover.
- Bake until golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 1 hour or more (use a fork to test for doneness) Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
- You can cut a small onion into thin slices and alternate between potatoes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lkscot and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes