I thought the spice combination would clash, but it works beautifully with the chicken! The raisins add a hint of sweetness and the olives give the dish that needed tang. Easy to prep and serve, will make again and again.
Updated Mission Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic dipping oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) inspirations monterey citrus pepper rub
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 2 pound(s) chicken thighs skinless, boneless
- 1/3 cup(s) golden raisins, more to taste
- 1 medium navel orange washed well and halved
- 2 tablespoon(s) chives
- 1/2 cup(s) green olives, halved
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients up to water. Whisk to combine.
- 2. Place chicken and raisins in slow cooker. Add spice mixture, and stir well to evenly coat chicken. Wedge orange halves into mixture. Cover and cook LOW:8 hours, HIGH: 4 hours. Add chicken broth during last hour of cooking.
- 3. Turn cooker to 'keep warm' setting. Take out orange halves and juice them. Pour back into chicken mixture.
- Serve over brown rice. Top with chives and olives.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RBN1122 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note