I thought the spice combination would clash, but it works beautifully with the chicken! The raisins add a hint of sweetness and the olives give the dish that needed tang. Easy to prep and serve, will make again and again.
Updated Mission Chicken
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic dipping oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) inspirations monterey citrus pepper rub
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) sea salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) water
- 2 pound(s) chicken thighs skinless, boneless
- 1/3 cup(s) golden raisins, more to taste
- 1 medium navel orange washed well and halved
- 2 tablespoon(s) chives
- 1/2 cup(s) green olives, halved
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients up to water. Whisk to combine.
- 2. Place chicken and raisins in slow cooker. Add spice mixture, and stir well to evenly coat chicken. Wedge orange halves into mixture. Cover and cook LOW:8 hours, HIGH: 4 hours. Add chicken broth during last hour of cooking.
- 3. Turn cooker to 'keep warm' setting. Take out orange halves and juice them. Pour back into chicken mixture.
- Serve over brown rice. Top with chives and olives.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RBN1122 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note