This is a delicious dish for your family. Just add salad and bread if desired. I don't use all the onions called for and it is still good.
Unforgettable Chicken Casserole
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 3 cups chopped deli-roasted chicken
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups French fried onion rings
- Stir together first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes; sprinkle onion rings evenly over top. Bake 5 more minutes or until bubbly around edges. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles