Great recipe!! The perfect amount of oysters really set this recipe off. I dashed mine with a little bit of Old Bay but I'm sure it would have been fine without it.
Uncle Nick's Oyster Dressing
Howard L. Puckett
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 1/4 cups chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (12-ounce) package ham seasoning or diced ham
- 4 (16-ounce) containers fresh oysters, well drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (16-ounce) package herb-flavored bread stuffing mix
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Cook ground beef, onion, celery, and garlic in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Drain, if desired.
- Stir in ham, oysters, and parsley. Cook 7 minutes or until oysters are done. Gently fold in stuffing mix, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon stuffing mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve. Bake, covered, at 350º for 35 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables