Chocolate Icing from Uncle Lou's Southern Kitchen
Photo: Oxmoor House
Very sweet, very creamy, and a little thinner than most, this icing is ideal for a 13- x 9-inch cake.
Yield: Makes 2 2/3 cups
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 pound powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Beat cream cheese and butter at high speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Whisk together powdered sugar and cocoa; add to cream cheese mixture alternately with evaporated milk, beginning and ending with powdered sugar mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Add vanilla, beating just until blended.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note