Umm...Chocolate Strawberry Delights
You'll have some of the white chocolate layer leftover to serve as a dip with fresh fruit or cubes of pound cake.
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 (15-ounce) packages refrigerated piecrusts
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate morsels
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 48 strawberries, stems removed
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly, melted
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Roll each piecrust to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut 12 circles out of each piecrust, using a 2 1/2-inch round cutter. Press piecrust circles into ungreased miniature (1 3/4-inch) muffin pans; prick bottom and sides of piecrust with a fork.
- Bake at 400° for 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, combine milk and semisweet chocolate morsels in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until chocolate is melted. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Set aside.
- Place white chocolate morsels in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until melted.
- Beat cream cheese and granulated sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth; add white chocolate, beating until smooth. Stir in almond extract.
- Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon semisweet chocolate mixture into bottom of each pastry shell; top with about 2 teaspoons white chocolate mixture. Place 1 strawberry, stemmed side down, onto white chocolate mixture, pressing down gently. Gently brush each strawberry with melted jelly; sprinkle evenly with almonds. Chill until ready to serve. Store in refrigerator.
- Tip: You may need to add more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, if semisweet chocolate mixture begins to firm up before you finish assembling the desserts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts