The Ultimate White Rice
More From Southern Living
- 3 cups uncooked converted white rice
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Place rice in a fine wire-mesh strainer, and rinse under cold water until water runs clear; drain. Combine rinsed rice, 4 1/2 cups water, and remaining ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, 3 minutes. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff rice with a fork. Remove garlic clove, and serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Uncle Ben's Converted Original Enriched Parboiled Long Grain Rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables