The Ultimate White Rice
Rinsing the rice helps get rid of excess starch, resulting in light and fluffy--not sticky--rice.
More From Southern Living
- 3 cups uncooked converted white rice
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Place rice in a fine wire-mesh strainer, and rinse under cold water until water runs clear; drain. Combine rinsed rice, 4 1/2 cups water, and remaining ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, 3 minutes. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff rice with a fork. Remove garlic clove, and serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Uncle Ben's Converted Original Enriched Parboiled Long Grain Rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note