I didn't like this recipe. The cake was really dry. Trust me, choose another recipe.
Ultimate Vanilla Cake Batter
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1. Beat sugar and butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until yellow disappears after each addition. Beat in vanilla bean paste and almond extract.
- 2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; add to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at medium-low speed just until blended after each addition. (Batter will be thick.) Use immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts