I didn't like this recipe. The cake was really dry. Trust me, choose another recipe.
Ultimate Vanilla Cake Batter
More From Southern Living
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1. Beat sugar and butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until yellow disappears after each addition. Beat in vanilla bean paste and almond extract.
- 2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl; add to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at medium-low speed just until blended after each addition. (Batter will be thick.) Use immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note