This was good and a tad sweet. We liked it but it wasn't to die for. It had a strong lemon taste which i don't feel is a good quality for a burger.
The Ultimate Turkey Burger
You can’t get much better than this tasty turkey burger. Topped with crunchy apple and tangy mango chutney, you won’t stop raving about this recipe.
More From Oxmoor House
Total: 2 Hours, 43 Minutes
- Calories: 341
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 28.6g
- Carbohydrate: 33.8g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 786mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/3 cups finely chopped peeled Granny Smith apple
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Cooking spray
- 6 (1.6-ounce) whole-wheat hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add apple, celery, and onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, and cool completely.
- 2. Grate rind and squeeze juice from lemon to measure 2 teaspoons rind and 1 tablespoon juice. Combine apple mixture, lemon rind, lemon juice, and turkey. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add egg; mix gently just until combined. Add hot pepper sauce, if desired. Shape into 6 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- 3. Preheat grill to high heat. Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Place buns, cut side down, on grill rack. Grill 1 minute or until toasted.
- 4. Combine yogurt and chutney. Place patties on bottom halves of buns; top each patty with 1/4 cup spinach and about 4 teaspoons sauce. Cover with top halves of buns.
- Kids Can Help: With clean hands, kids can mix the ingredients into the ground turkey, and then shape the patties.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note