Not ONE review makes this SOOOO top rated. What?
The Ultimate S'more
What does a grown-up Girl Scout turned chef serve in camp? The ultimate in campground dining, made with homemade graham crackers and marshmallows. This recipe comes from Cindy Pawlcyn, chef-owner of the legendary Mustards Grill in Napa as well as Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen and Go Fish (both in St. Helena, California), and it's actually far easier than it looks. You make the bundles at home and then just heat them in camp.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 485
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 7.5g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 65g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Sodium: 201mg
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Vegetable oil
- Homemade Graham Crackers
- 4 bars (3.5 oz. each) dark chocolate with almonds (such as Lindt), each broken into 3 pieces
- Homemade Marshmallows
- 1. Fold 12 sheets of foil, each 12 by 20 in., in half crosswise; then oil tops. Center 1 graham cracker on each oiled doubled sheet, then top with a chocolate piece, marshmallow, and another cracker. Gently fold foil over s'mores and crimp to seal.
- 2. Heat packets on a cooking grate over glowing coals in a campfire or on a grill over medium heat (about 350°), turning often just until chocolate softens, 2 to 3 minutes. Or, using tongs, grasp packets on sides and heat over a low fire.
- Make ahead: Through step 1, up to 3 days, airtight and chilled.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per s'more.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note