To Betty Hanner - thanks SO MUCH for your simple 3-ingredient recipe. I am salt-free and this fills the bill perfectly with Trader Joe's unsalted peanut butter. I think I might try it with half brown sugar and half white. The recipe shown in the website will be fine with the salt left out and low sodium baking powder/soda. But Betty's is so simple I think I will try it first.
Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies
hese peanut butter cookies are the perfect afternoon snack. Serve with a glass of milk for the ultimate cookie experience.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Sodium: 101mg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1. Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and preheat to 350°F. Butter 2 large baking sheets. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- 2. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter with both sugars for about 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium and add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth and well combined. Beat in peanut butter. Scrape down sides of bowl. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture in 2 batches, until just combined.
- 3. Form dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Flatten each ball by pressing with tines of a fork in a crisscross pattern. Bake, switching pans halfway through, 14 to 16 minutes, or until golden brown on bottom and barely colored on top. Cool on pans on wire racks for 5 minutes. With a spatula, carefully transfer cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note