The Ultimate Party Crab Dip
It's ultimate because it's really rich and will serve a crowd for a holiday open house. Many newer slow cookers have a warm setting, which is perfect for keeping this dip hot throughout a party.
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) can diced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled jalapeÃ±o pepper slices or 1 fresh jalapeÃ±o, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add green onions and garlic; sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add cream and artichokes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until reduced to 2 cups.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Stir in water chestnuts and next 5 ingredients. Add artichoke cream sauce; stir until well combined. Gently fold in crabmeat.
- Spoon dip into a lightly greased 3- or 4-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Cook, covered, on LOW 2 1/2 hours or until thoroughly heated and cheese melts. Serve with toasted baguette slices or crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note