I loved this grilled cheese! I would almost say it's better than an 'actual' grilled cheese! The cheese filling stays gooey even as the sandwich cools! You certainly can't say that for a 'real' grilled cheese! I almost don't think I would make the full fat/calorie version again! The only substitution I made was regular (extra-sharp) cheddar cheese, not the reduced fat.
Ultimate Grilled Cheese
For the Ultimate Grilled Cheese, we slather reduced-fat cheddar cheese that's combined with light cream cheese and canola mayo on whole-grain bread; then sauteed in olive oil. This mixture melts into a gloriously silk, ultracheesy filling.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 288
- Fat: 13.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.8g
- Sodium: 556mg
- 1/2 ounce 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon canola mayonnaise
- 1 ounce 2% reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (1-ounce) slices whole-grain bread
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Combine cream cheese and canola mayo. Add shredded cheddar cheese. Spread between 2 slices whole-grain bread. Heat a small skillet over medium heat; sear each side in 1/4 teaspoon olive oil until bread is browned and crisp.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note