- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Dutch process cocoa or regular cocoa
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (11-ounce) package semisweet chocolate mega-morsels or white chocolate morsels (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries (we tested with Craisins)
How to Make It
Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add egg, beating well. Add melted chocolate, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in marshmallow cream and remaining ingredients, mixing well.
Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 325° for 13 minutes or until done. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks and cool completely.