Four people with varying tastes all agreed this is not a repeat. Used turkey chili, but the dish was mushy and not flavorful. Even the leftovers were yucky!
Ultimate Chili Casserole
Photo: Charles Walton
More From Southern Living
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (10.5-ounce) cans chili without beans
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (24-ounce) container cream-style cottage cheese, drained
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until tender. Stir in chili and salsa; cook until thoroughly heated. Spoon half of mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Stir together eggs, cottage cheese, and 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture evenly on 1 side of each egg roll wrapper, and roll up. Place, seam side down, in baking dish.
- Spoon remaining chili mixture evenly over top, spreading to completely cover wrappers.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese; bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles