Wonderful recipe! Easy enough for everyday & tasty enough for special occasions. The extra 'layer' on top sets this apart from any other cheesecake recipe. I did not use the apricot glaze(as suggested). This would easily lend itself to the addition of key lime,almond or lemon flavoring in either part of the recipe. Am looking forward to experimenting with it!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 7 large eggs
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Apricot Glaze
- Garnish: strawberry halves
- Stir together first 3 ingredients; press into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 10-inch springform pan. Chill 1 hour.
- Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer. Add cream cheese; beat until blended. Gradually add 1 3/4 cups sugar, beating well. Stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Pour batter into chilled crust.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 425°.
- Stir together sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon vanilla; spread over cheesecake.
- Bake at 425° for 5 to 7 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Cover and chill at least 10 hours. Remove sides of pan. Serve with Apricot Glaze, and garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts