Zuppa Toscana (better than Olive Garden!)
- 1 pound(s) Italian Sausage (spicy)
- 4-6 Russet Potatoes :bite sized cubes
- 1 Onion :minced
- 1/4 cup(s) REAL bacon pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) Garlic :minced
- 32 ounce(s) Chicken Broth
- 1/2 bunch(es) Kale (or Swiss Chard) :destem & cut/torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup(s) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) Flour
- 1. Brown sausage links in a sauté pan.
- 2. Cut links in half lengthwise, then cut slices.
- 3. Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker.
- Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
- 4. Cook on high 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are soft.
- 30 minutes before serving:
- 5. Mix flour into cream removing lumps.
- 6. Add cream and kale to the crock pot, stir.
- 7. Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly.
- 8. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MichelleM227 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note