Yoghurt Bread Loaf
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 cup(s) wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup(s) brown sugar
- 6-8 ounce(s) yoghurt (any flavor you choose)
- 2-3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 cup(s) dried cranberries or raisins
- 2 teaspoon(s) orange peel
- 1/2 cup(s) walnuts or pecans
- Set the oven at 350 degrees.
- Sift the first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, or in a blender, mix together the eggs, brown sugar, and the yoghurt.
- Stir the wet mixture into the flour mixture.
- In a microwavable loaf dish, melt the butter. Ensure the bottom of the loaf dish is coated, then pour the melted butter into the mixture and stir. (If using a loaf tin, melt the butter separately and grease the tin)
- Fold in any combination of nuts and dried berries, or substitute with poppy seeds, lemon peel/extract, sliced almonds. You could also try it with pieces of ripe apple or banana mixed in. This recipe is suitable for creative substitutions. Be creative with your choice in yoghurt flavor (orange creamsicle yoghurt is good with cranberries).
- The mixture will be somewhat gloppy when it goes into the dish to bake, but it comes out great. Add just a bit of milk if you'd like to smooth it out for transfer to the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CaneCulture and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note