Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 4 whole(s) sweet potatoes
- 5 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 whole(s) shallots sliced thinly
- 2 slice(s) sandwich bread crusts removed, cubed into 1/8" pieces
- 1 ounce(s) parmesan cheese grated (1/2c)
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh minced thyme
- 1 whole(s) egg lightly beaten
- Lightly prick potatoes with fork, microwave 9-12 minutes (flipping every 3) until skewered easily. Cool 10 min.
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- Melt 3 tbsp. butter in skillet. Add shallots and cook 2-5 min until soft. Add bread, 1/4 c Parm, 1/4 tsp salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Halve each potato and scoop out flesh. Choose best 6 shells cut side up on wire rack on baking sheet. Bake 10 min.
- Mash potatoes with egg, 2 tsp melted butter, 1/2 tsp salt and remaining parm.
- Adjust oven to 375.
- Fill shells and top with bread mixture. Bake until spotty brown, about 20 min.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Oddity123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables