Tuscan White Bean Soup
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 2 clove(s) garlic cloves (large), finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound(s) red potato, unpeeled, 1/2" diced cubes
- 3 - 4 cup(s) chicken stock
- 3 can(s) (15 oz) Cannellini or other small white beans
- 2-3 flavored turkey sausage links (Aidells Pesto or Sun dried tomato) sliced into 1/4-inch discs
- 1/2 bunch(es) Swiss chard, stocks removed, cut into ribbons
- 1 sprig(s) Fresh herbs (Rosemary and/or Thyme)
- Fresh ground Salt & pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the celery, carrot and onion and cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables are tender and begin to brown. Add the garlic and hot pepper flakes and cook 1 minute longer. Add the potato and 1 cup of stock. Bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer, cover and cook about 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Place half of the beans in a food processor with 1 cup of stock and purée. Stir into the saucepan. Add the remaining can of beans, stock, and sausage to the soup. Bring back to a boil, turn down to a simmer and add the chard and fresh herbs. Cook until the chard is wilted, about 1-2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with fresh grated Parmesan cheese, if desired (optional).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LoAnt529 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note