Tropical Food’s Trail Mix Brittle
- 2 cup(s) Tropical FoodxE2x80x99s Diet DelightxC2xAE
- 1 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 cup(s) brown sugar
- xC2xBD cup(s) corn syrup
- xC2xBD cup(s) maple syrup
- xC2xBD teaspoon(s) salt
- xC2xBD cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- xC2xBD teaspoon(s) apple pie spice
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking soda
- Grease baking sheet with butter and set aside for later use.
- Coat the interior of a heavy 3 quart saucepan with butter.
- Add sugars, corn syrup, maple syrup, salt and water to the coated saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once a rapid boil is achieved, add butter. Continue boiling until a temperature of 310 degrees is indicated on a candy thermometer. (Topping the mixture with a lid helps during this process to increase the heat within the saucepan without burning the mixture.)
- Once at 310 degrees, add Diet Delight®, vanilla, apple pie spice, and baking soda. Quickly stir in ingredients and pour onto the buttered baking sheet while the mixture is foamy; spread as thin as possible.
- Allow the mixture to set and cool completely, approximately one hour.
- Once cool, break brittle into pieces and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tropicalfoods and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tropical Food’s Trail Mix Brittle Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts