Tofu Fried Rice
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) instant rice
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil divided
- 1 package(s) reduced-fat firm tofu (14 oz) drained and cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup(s) green onions sliced 1/2" thick
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas and carrots thawed
- 4 clove(s) galic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ginger minced
- 2 tablespoon(s) sake or rice wine
- 3 tablespoon(s) soy sauce low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon(s) hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dark sesame oil
- 1 bunch(es) green onions chopped
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice cooks, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan. Add eggs to pan; cook 1 minute or until done, breaking egg into small pieces. Remove from pan. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to pan. Add 1 cup onions, peas and carrots, garlic, and ginger; sauté 2 minutes.
- While vegetable mixture cooks, combine sake, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil. Add cooked rice to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add tofu, egg, and soy sauce mixture; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.
- Using frozen peas and carrots plus bottled minced garlic and ginger speeds up preparation of this simple Chinese standby. Keep any leftover sake tightly capped in the refrigerator for up to three weeks, or you can substitute a tablespoon of rice wine vinegar for the sake.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by aamysue and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note