Thom Kha Gai -- Thai Coconut Soup
- See below:
- 2 c Low salt chicken broth
- 14 oz Unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 stalk (optional, available in Asian markets)
- 1 lg Chicken boneless breast half
- 1 tb (or more) lime juice
- 1/2 Jalapeno or Serrano chili, seeded and minced
- 2 tb chopped fresh cilantro
- Dash red hot pepper sauce
- Bring first 3 ingredients to boil in heavy medium saucepan. Reduce heat, add chicken and simmer until almost cooked through, turning occasionally, about 12 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate; cool. Cut meat into 1/2 inch pieces. Add 1 tsp lime juice and jalapeno to soup and simmer until reduced by 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes. Add chicken and simmer just to heat through.
- Taste, adding more lime juice if desired. Remove as much of the lemon grass as possible. Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and dash hot pepper sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mikeemo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note