Thai Chicken & Brown Rice Soup
- 64 ounce(s) vegetable stock or broth
- 2 cup(s) onions (about 2 medium) chopped
- 1 cup(s) leeks (about 2 medium) chopped
- 1 cup(s) celery (about 3 stalks) thinly sliced
- 16 ounce(s) Thai Red Curry Sauce
- 2.5 ounce(s) matchstix carrots
- 2 cup(s) cooked chicken (about 1/2 a rotisserie chicken) shredded
- 1 package(s) frozen brown rice (about 9 oz)
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- Add vegetable stock to pot on HIGH. Add onions, leeks and celery. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to MEDIUM and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add curry sauce, salt, carrots, chicken and rice. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- ALTERNATE PREPARATION
- In large stock pot add 1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and heat on Medium High. Once oil is hot add onions, celery, leeks and salt and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until vegetables start to soften. Follow directions above.
- TIP: To add a little spice to the dish use hot sauce or dice up a small red chili pepper and add to vegetables.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cred222 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Thai Chicken & Brown Rice Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews