TGIF coleslaw recipe
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- TGI Friday's Copycat Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice ( 1 good sized lime)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 garlic clove peeled & minced
- 1 med sized jalapeno de-seeded de-ribbed
- 3/4 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste ( I used 6 pinches of kosher salt)
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice the lime to 1/4 cup - (I am restaurant background, so used one good
- sized lime) wash and pick leaves off of several sprigs of cilantro, chop
- coarsely to equal a heaping 1/4 cup peel and mince a garlic clove, if they
- are small use 2, grate the fresh ginger, mince the jalapeno, put all of
- the above in a food processor and process until every thing is very fine
- pieces. Add the honey & balsamic vinegar process a little, then drizzle in
- the olive oil. Salt to taste, I used 6 pinches of kosher salt. Table salt,
- don't use as much.
- I used a little mini-Cuisinart to do all the processing, there are little
- holes in the lid, perfect for drizzling the oil.
- Monari Federzoni Balsamic vinegar of Modena - brand is good and sweet, and
- easy on the pocketbook. Hint: buy fresh ginger, peel it and wrap chunks in
- film and freeze. You'll always have it on hand, and it's easier to grate.
- This is a very close match to Friday's. I read several here and online,
- and just kept tasting the 'sample' I bought from the restaurant. VERY
- close indeed !!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ginnyrose and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
TGIF coleslaw recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads