TEE's FRESH GREEN BEANS, CARROTS, WITH MUSHROOMS
- 1.5 pound(s) Fresh Green Beans Cut Ends or One End
- 2.5 Carrots Shave Skin & Cut Squares
- 14 piece(s) Whole Mushrooms Sliced
- 1/2 bulb(s) Red Onion Sliced long
- 4 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 6 drop(s) Olive Oil Pour
- 1/2 cube(s) Butter Cut
- 4 cube(s) Brown Sugar
- Prep time takes the longest, but easier to have all cut before doing Green beans
- Carrots - cut into squares, boil in saucepan till just about cooked, When done,
- drain water, put back on stove, add or sprinkle brown sugar, very low cook just so brown sugar melts into carrots, stirring, turn-off after 1 min and let it sit, working sugar into carrots
- Green Beans Cut ends or just one end & cut in half or leave full (put aside)
- Mushrooms - Slice all (or can buy pre-sliced) (put aside)
- Red Onions - Slice long (put aside)
- Garlic - Cut and Mince
- Heat up large pan very low, add Olive Oil-enough to cover pan, 1/2 Butter, toss Minced Garlic in too. (Occasional stir)
- Wash Green Beans (if haven't yet)
- In Saucepan, bring to boil & add in Green Beans - cook for 1.5 minute (To Blanch)
- Have bowl with ice and cold water ready. (The Green Beans turn a nice jade green or lighter color). Take Green Beans out and put into cold water, so they cool off and stop cooking. Green Beans will continue to cook through in pan.
- Drain Green Beans from ice water & Now put Green Beans in pan which garlic toasting, butter with olive oil. Cook Green Beans for about 3-4 mins until just about cooked thru. And add while cooking below:
- Add Salt, Pepper, Thyme, Basil - use how you like, I wing this to my own taste buds.
- Add Red Onions into pan, When Green Beans are close to done, then add Carrots that are cooked with brown sugar, stir good so all cooking, then clear center of pan and put mushrooms there so they can cook, which cook pretty quick.
- Mix all together good, letting it simmer. Taste test and pretty much ready
- to eat.
- Plate Food and if like add Beef Gravy for savory taste - made need additional salt.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by invitationlady and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note