Sweetie Pie Soup
Community Recipe from
- BUFFALO PEANUT BUTTER
- cup(s) 3 ¾ cups Tropical Food’s Buffalo Nuts®
- teaspoon(s) 1 tsp. kosher salt
- teaspoon(s) 1 ½ tsp. honey
- teaspoon(s) 1 ½ tsp. peanut oil
- cup(s) ½ cup buffalo peanut butter
- tablespoon(s) 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- ¾ teaspoon(s) salt
- ¼ teaspoon(s) pepper
- 4 clove(s) garlic roughly chopped
- 2-inch piece(s) piece ginger root peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ pound(s) sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 14 ounce(s) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cup(s) water
- Sour cream for garnish
- Chives for garnish
- Buffalo Peanut Butter Preparation:
- Place Tropical Food’s Buffalo Nuts®, salt, and honey into the bowl of a food processor, process for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, place the lid on and continue the process while slowly drizzling in 1 ½ tsp. peanut oil.
- Process until smooth.
- Soup Preparation:
- Heat 1 tbsp. peanut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, salt, and pepper. Cook covered, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in garlic and ginger, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in cumin and cayenne pepper, sweet potatoes, crushed tomatoes, buffalo peanut butter, and water; bring to a boil and reduce the heat.
- Simmer covered until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Purée with an immersion blender.
- Garnish with sour cream and chives.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by tropicalfoods and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note