Sweet & Spicy Simmered Salsa
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) orange bell pepper (medium)
- 6 whole(s) tomatoes (medium roma)
- 4 whole(s) jalapeno peppers (large)
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 1/4 whole(s) white onion
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) light olive oil
- Tomatoes, Jalepenos, Bell Pepper, Garlic
- heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in large pan on low (2 or 3 setting)
- add tomatoes, jalapenos, and bell pepper
- let simmer (turning occasionally) for 5-10 minutes
- chop 4-6 cloves garlic
- add garlic continue simmering until onion and cilantro prepared
- Onions, Cilantro
- chop quarter white onion
- chop cilantro leaves (rinse and remove the stems from the cilantro bunch)
- Remove pan from burner
- Remove the skin, ends (and stems) from the tomatoes, jalapenos, and the bell pepper.
- Remove and discard all seeds from the jalapenos.
- Slice the tomatoes, jalapenos, and bell pepper.
- Increase burner to med-high (6-7)
- add all ingredients into the pan and place on burner.
- Once the juice is simmering, increase to high to get the sugars in the peppers to become slightly sticky. (really just a minute or two).
- Remove from heat, put in blender and pulse chop until thick and mostly smooth.
- Let cool and serve or refrigerate.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MichaelPersons and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note