Sweet potato gnocchi with spinach, mushrooms, and sweet corn (vegetarian)
An easily modifiable recipe. All measurements and times are approximate (sorry). You can make this dish very buttery or substitute butter/oil with water, stock, white wine, and/or a bit of lemon juice. If you opt not to add the butter/oil, you should add a little more water. The sweet corn balances the bitterness of the spinach and the tartness of the tomatoes.
- 1 pound(s) sweet potato or plain gnocchi cooked
- 8 ounce(s) frozen spinach with excess ice rinsed off
- 8 ounce(s) frozen sweet corn with excess ice rinsed off
- 8 ounce(s) portabella mushrooms sliced and rinsed
- 2 tomatoes sliced or chopped and rinsed
- several clove(s) garlic sliced or minced
- 1 or 2 bunch(es) fresh basil whole or julienned
- 1 or 2 tablespoon(s) butter or oil (optional)
- 1 to 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 pinch(s) salt and pepper to taste
- some mozzerella or parmesean cheese (optional)
- 1 ) Prepare ingredients
- 2) Add butter/oil to a large fry saute pan on medium high. Melt and heat butter/oil and add garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring as needed.
- 3) Add mushrooms and cook for a minute or two. Stir as needed. Add water and let mushrooms cook until almost fully cooked. This will create a mushroom broth that will flavor the dish.
- 4) Add frozen spinach and corn. Cook for several minutes with the lid partially on. You should not have to stir the ingredients because of the water, but watch the pan just in case. You should cook the spinach and corn until all of the ingredients are hot and are steaming in the pan. Add more butter/oil or water when necessary. Reduce heat to medium.
- Note: It's okay to cook the dish longer at this stage. This will just mix the flavors more.
- 5) Add tomatoes and basil. Cook for one minute or until the tomatoes are soft.
- 6) Add the gnocchi and cook for a minute or two, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle on salt & pepper and/or other spices and stir. Remove from heat.
- 7) If desired, sprinkle with cheese and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mariposa226 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note